Avasoft Antivirus Professional is new face of Disk Antivirus Professional with same user interface and more malicious features. Avasoft Antivirus Professional is a bogus antivirus software which tries to imitate genuine antivirus programs and tricks unsuspecting computer users into buying a fake antivirus software. Avasoft Antivirus Professional will do a so called scan of your computer and tell you that It has detected lots of malware and other harmful applications running in your computer and you need to remove them. When you’ll try to remove those threats, you’ll be asked to purchase license of Avasoft Antivirus Professional. The truth is, all the reported infections are fake and none of these infections are actually present on your computer. This program actually doesn’t have a virus definition database and It is not even capable of scanning your computer. All this software does is a fake scan and reports bogus infection results to get your worried about your computer’s security. You might actually end up paying money for this bogus software If you don’t search about this on Internet.
Avasoft Antivirus Professional is a very sophisticated malware and it gets into your computer via infected downloads. If you download movies, software and other similar things from untrusted sources, this is why your computer is infected with this malware. This malware is usually bundled in such downloads and as soon as you try to access the infected download, Avasoft Antivirus Professional literally takes over your computer. It won’t let you run anything unless you pay for the software. It will block all genuine legitimate programs as soon as you try to run them. It will tell you that all the programs are infected in your computer and you need to disinfect them using Avasot Antivirus Professional. Here is a screenshot of the malware doing bogus scan and showing fraudulent infection results :
Apart from showing bogus infections, this rogue malware will modify your computer’s security settings and show malware alerts from the system tray. It might seem to you like Windows operating system is report these security alerts but these fake alerts are being generated by this bogus malware.
While this malware is running in your computer, don’t trust any security alerts because those alerts are fake and just designed to scare you. We suggest that you don’t purchase Avasoft Antivirus Professional because it is a bogus software. If you’ve already bought this software, contact your Credit Card Company and contest the charge. You’ll get these kind of alerts from System Tray :
AVASoft Professional Antivirus Warning
Some critical system files of your computer were modified by malicious program. It may cause system instability and data loss.Click here to block unauthorised modification by removing threats.
Warning: Your computer is infected
Detected spyware infection! Click this message to install the last update of security software…
AVASoft Professional Antivirus Warning
Intercepting programs that may compromise your privacy and harm your system have been detected on your PC. Click here to remove them immediately with AVASoft Professional Antivirus.
AVASoft Professional Antivirus Firewall Alert
AVASoft Professional Antivirus Firewall has blocked a program from accessing the Internet.
Internet Explorer Internet Browser is infected with worm SVCHOST.Stealth.Keyloger. This worm is trying to send your credit card details using Internet Explorer Internet Browser to connect to remote host.
You might be notified that your passwords and credit card information is being transmitted to hackers but rest assured that nothing such is happening. You should remove this malware as soon as possible before more damage is done. Read next part of removal guide to learn how to remove Avasoft Antivirus Professional quickly and easily.
How To Remove Avasoft Antivirus Professional
You need to remove this bogus antivirus software as soon as possible because the more it stays in your computer, more harm It will do. Removing Avasoft Antivirus Professional is a little bit tricky because It blocks registry editor, task manager and other critical applications in your computer which might help you in getting rid of the malware. We’ve experimented with this malware in your research lab and discovered two removal methods which are helpful in removing the malware :
1. Automatic Removal Method – Quickest and Easiest
Automatic Removal method is the best method to remove Avasoft Antivirus Professional. This method is all about using a genuine anti-malware software to get rid of the infection. All you need to do is, Scan your computer and get rid of all the infections. That’s it.
Automatic Removal method is the best method around because It is completely safe, secure and guarantees complete removal of the malware. There is no risk of leaving traces of malware on your computer and getting infected again. Removal is done automatically and everything is restored in a few minutes. Here is how to proceed with Automatic Removal Method :
1. When Avasoft Antivirus Professional is running and blocking everything in your computer, please click on Start—>Run.
2. This will show an edit box. Please type “http://www.avasoftantivirusprofessionalremovals.com/download.php” (without quotation marks) and click OK button. Alternatively, you can click on this button to start downloading the removal tool :
3. This will start downloading the removal tool and you need to save the downloaded file as “explorer.exe” on desktop. You need to make sure that you are saving the file as “explorer.exe” so that Avasoft Antivirus Professional can’t interfere with the removal process. Just for your information, “explorer.exe” is the name of a critical windows process and Avasoft Antivirus Professional will not block processes having this name. You need to take advantage of this and save the downloaded file as “explorer.exe”.
4. It will take a minutes to download the file and once the download is done, double click on “explorer.exe” on desktop which downloaded in earlier step. As soon as you run the downloaded file, you’ll notice that Avasoft Antivirus Professional is terminated automatically. Please note that the malware is till present in your computer but not running temporarily.
5. As soon as the malware is terminated, you’ll be asked to install a genuine anti-malware tool called Spy Hunter. Install this anti-malware application and do a full scan of your computer. Spy Hunter will automatically find Avasoft Antivirus Professional in your computer as well as other infections which might be hiding in your computer and slowing it down. As soon as the scan is done, click on “Fix Threats” button to get rid of all the malware files from your computer. That’s it.
Automatic Removal method is very easy to following and you can remove the malware without any help from others. This removal method is completely safe and hardly takes 30 minutes to restore your computer to its previous state. This removal video from our research lab shows how we remove this malware :
More Screenshots of malware and removal process :
2. Manual Removal Method – Risky and Unstable
You can try to remove Avasoft Antivirus Professional manually but this removal method is risky and doesn’t guarantee complete removal of the malware. If you are not familiar with computers, you can even damage files on your computer and make the situation more worse. Please follow manual removal steps only if you know what you are doing. Please make sure that you don’t delete any system files based on your guesswork otherwise you could be in deep trouble :
Please follow these manual removal steps at your own risk :
1. First of all, you need to terminate the rogue application using Process Explorer. Process Explorer is a free utility from Microsoft which works same as Task Manager. Download Process Explorer and save it as “explorer.exe”. Run it, locate the rogue application and then terminate it.
2. After terminating rogue application, you need to rectify malicious registry entries using Registry Editor (You can access registry editor by clicking on Start—Run, type “regedit” and click OK button) :
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce “<random numbers and chars>”
Please keep in mind that Registry is an essential component of Windows and If you edit the registry incorrectly, It may cause errors and you might not be able to fix them easily.
3. After correcting malicious registry entries, locate and remove these infected files from your PC :
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\<random numbers and chars>
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\<random numbers and chars>.exe
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\<random numbers and chars>.ico
Now restart your computer and see If you still get threats from Avasoft Antivirus Professional. Please note that manual removal steps may not work all the time. This is because malware applications continue to change the location of their executable files and manual removal steps may get outdated at anytime. If you don’t get success with manual removal steps, you can always try your hands on automatic removal method. Automatic Removal method is fast, easy and guarantees complete results. If you’ve any questions, please feel free to post them here.